can you put google android on nokia e71

robina_80

hi guys,

just wondering no biggie if not possible but can you put the google android operating system on a nokia e71 phone

bkribbs

What sort of phones can you load android on?

and tlarkin, I saw that. It looks pretty dang cool.

Geoff

VIP Member
You sure, you can load Android on 1st generation iPhones now.
Yes, I saw that, but that would involve serious modding. Besides, the iPhone has beefier hardware and already has a Unix based OS.

What sort of phones can you load android on?

and tlarkin, I saw that. It looks pretty dang cool.
Only phones that come with Android. It's not like a computer where you can install Android, Windows Mobile, iPhone OS, etc. on any phone you want, the iPhone running Android is the exception.

bkribbs

[-0MEGA-];1479431 said:
Yes, I saw that, but that would involve serious modding. Besides, the iPhone has beefier hardware and already has a Unix based OS.

Only phones that come with Android. It's not like a computer where you can install Android, Windows Mobile, iPhone OS, etc. on any phone you want, the iPhone running Android is the exception.

OK. Didn't think so. But just wondering.

UbuFool

[-0MEGA-];1479431 said:

Not always true... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Android_devices#Unofficial_and_community_ports

It takes a bit of hacking to get Android onto phones that don't come with it, but it's been done quite a bit more than you say. Remember, the whole idea of Android is that it's an open OS you can mod and hack to your heart's content.