can you stack up 6 molex connectors?

douradophoto

New Member
This is my first time building a computer

my case (antex 1200) has 3 120mm fans in the front, two in the back and one 200mm in it. I have them all running behind the motherboard. I noticed they all clicked in together and I was curious -if I were to plug in all 6 into a molex connector that runs from my PSU if I would run into any problems.. or would they power up at all

242fsx5.jpg
 
i do think they will run fine but why would you want to pull all the power out of one molex when you could split them and have the fans powered by 2 molex's?
 
It should work as long as your power supply puts out enough. The only issue you might have is wire management and where to put something that big.
 
6 case fans dude? Plus there all atleast 120mm? That setup just seems overkill to me. It looks like the fans use roughly 5-10 watts so 30-60W probably wont be a problem. You've used up all the molex connectors on the power supply?
 
6 case fans dude? Plus there all atleast 120mm? That setup just seems overkill to me. It looks like the fans use roughly 5-10 watts so 30-60W probably wont be a problem. You've used up all the molex connectors on the power supply?

these are the fans that come on my antec 1200 case stock...

and nah i haven't used a single one, i was just curious if I could stack them up in general. I'll most likely split it between two stacks of 3 when my psu arrives in the AM
 
Back
Top