Can you turn off LEDs in cases with LED fans?

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by dm76, Jan 19, 2011.

1. dm76

dm76 New Member

I notice the cases with LED fans and am just wondering if those are constantly on or if they can be turned off and how bright they are. I am just thinking about if the computer is left on all night and someone is sleeping in the room if it is bright.

2. FairDoos

FairDoos Active Member

On some cases there is an option to turn off the LED's int he fans i have it as a feature on my Coolermaster Scout case its also on the Coolermaster Sniper. Have a look on Newegg im sure many other cases do this.

3. jamesd1981

jamesd1981 Active Member

would be easier not to have led fans.

4. FairDoos

FairDoos Active Member

+1 to this.

If you want lighting in your case i suggest Cold cathodes as im sure almost all of them come with a switch to turn them off :good:

5. linkin

linkin VIP Member

6. Nanobyte

Nanobyte New Member

All lights on PCs are a potential nuisance. Apart from the sleeping issue per dm76, components like the "On" light can give out a distinctive glow. It's a "Welcome" sign to any passing burglar. I cover my light with a piece of card most of the time.

7. Drenlin

Drenlin Active Member

I use a fan controller to shut off my LED fans at night. I have one non-LED 140mm fan on top that's perfectly fine for ventilating the case at idle.

8. ScottALot

ScottALot Active Member