can you...

paintballtwib

My main computer is in my kitchen. I have my old POS gateway in my room with a Wireless network between it and my main computer. I was wondering if there was some way that i could (using the network) use/control my main computer in my kitchen through my gateway computer in my room. My gateway is not capable of playing a game that I want to play in my room and i cant buy a new comp.

thanks

Picklee

you can but both computers would have to have windows xp on them so you would be able to use remote access which allows you to access your main computer from any other computer no matter where you are. but by the sounds of the word "my old POS gateway" it doesn't sound like you have windows xp on it.

Picklee

lol yea probably will be a long thread, you will need to install xp on the other computer. let me do some research on it, but just go ahead and load xp

SFR

Truth fears no questions
very good Picklee!

While I was reading through this thread.. also thinking how long it would be I was glad to see someone post a Microsoft link. No matter what people say about Microsoft they explain EVERYTHING on their website.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
you can but both computers would have to have windows xp
They dont have to ... remote access has been around longer than WindowsXP :)

My gateway is not capable of playing a game that I want to play in my room and I cant buy a new comp.
Playing over the network like that -- and wireless at that -- is not gonna be worth the hassle because of the associated lag :)