Cannot Access LAN Computer Files or Folders

erncd1

When I try to paste any file copied from another LAN Computer, it gives an error "Error Copying File or Folder".

tkk

Confused

Are you using the Windows network to transfer the files (i.e. My Network Places, Workgroup)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You might not have full permissions to copy data. Try copying the data instead of cutting if you are doing it that way.

erncd1

Files are being copeid and modified from other shared Drives/Folders but the files shared from an IDM 5.18 created folder "Download" itself and its sub-folders are not being copied.

paulcheung

Files are being copeid and modified from other shared Drives/Folders but the files shared from an IDM 5.18 created folder "Download" itself and its sub-folders are not being copied.

If it is windows home network. The folder my documents and its sub-folder is not accessible by default to the other users in the network if the os in that computer is Xp sp3 or higher. I don't know if anyone here know how to made that folder accessible to others. I tried and no luck. I have to copy it's contain to a different folder to share it.
Best wishes.
Paul