Cannot install driver

tran4241

I just build a brand new computer. I am not able to download the driver for the ethernet port. When I go to the device manager there is a ! at the ethernet controller tab.

I was wondering if anybody were to know how this were to be fixed. I am not allowed on the internet on that computer because of this and I was planning on using the computer for MMO video games.

Quiltface

Is the NIC built into the Mobo? What mobo do you have? Have you tried going to their website and downloading the drivers for it, perhaps the chipset driver?

tran4241

Yes the NIC is in the mobo. I have a EVGA P55 V mobo. and I can't even connect to the internet at all on that computer how would I be able to download the drives without a connection?

Quiltface

use the computer you are using now, save it to a usb drive or something. did you mobo not come with a drivers disk?

tran4241

It did. I downloaded most of it. But there was another error there. Maybe that is what is the biggest problem. I was able to install most of it. But I tried to install "Intel Matrix Storage" and it give me an error message saying, "This computer does not meat the minimum requirements for installing this software". But I wasn't sure, because I had bought most of the better components and they were all supposed to be compatible.

Quiltface

eh what OS are you running... maybe its for a different OS... that link i gave you is from their website for the network card.

tran4241

I'm running Windows 7. I tried the link and put it on the computer. But it appears that nothing has changed.

tran4241

When I had tried to download these it told me that Windows cannot open either of the files and it needs to know what program I would like to use to do so. Pretty new to all this so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do from here.

tran4241

I checked some other forum posts and it says that the marvell that you linked earlier doesn't support the v series of my motherboard. So now I am trying to research for another driver install.