Canon S70 Digital Camera, should I buy it?

DiegosAnotherR1

Well I currently have a Sony DSC-T1, and I really don't like the quality of the pictures so I been looking to upgrade to a better camera. I am looking at the Canon S70 right now, and was wonder if anybody here got experince with the camera, and I also want to know how you like it. How is it for simple snap shots, and how is it for more advance photography? Thanks.

Verve

Well, I've never used that particular camera, but I do have a Canon one. The general software that comes with it is very easy to use, transfering pics is fast and easy. Canon actually is pretty much the best video cam and still camera makers out there. They make the highest quality lenses.
Personally though, I think I'm a little biased; I use only Canon cameras. But it is definatly a high quality cam.

DiegosAnotherR1

yeah, I been shooting with my sony dsc-t1 5.0MP, and my cousin has a cheaper older canon, I forgot what model, but it's only a 3.2MP camera, and OMG!!!! his pictures turn out sooooooo much more clean clear and crisper than mine, lol. My girlfriend is gonna use the camera for point and shoot, but me on the other hand, I like to take shots of different things, people, sunsets, buildings, etc.... I was hoping the canon s70 would be a good camera to cater to both my girlfriends and my needs.

anybody with any more input on the camera, please post. Thanks!

krimson_king

i read that the sony has a big problem with shutter lag. maybe youre not steady enough, no offense. i find that putting it on a tripod and seeting a 2 second timer makes my pictures come out so much better, just because i know it will give me a 99% steady shot. but youre probably right, i was never really impressed with the quality of sony anything for the prices they charge

krimson_king

oh yea, and canons are great...the only camera ILL buy, but anyway, you might not have the quality set on the best. usually it will be rough, fine, superfine, and in some cases, raw. i think generally cameras come set at fine, which is like 75 percent of the cameras capabl quality. my friends camera had a raw setting with a capable 12 megapixels...we were taking pictures of magazine covers, then zooming in on the indivdual dots of ink.