Cant access gateway from Wireless

mtb211

I can access my linksys Wireless N Router via direct connection on this pc

My fathers computer in the basement is wireless with a strong connection. I can not access the router 192.168.1.1

If I take the cable modem and plug it directly in it works on his computer

I thought the router got fried so I bought a new one... same issue

Any help would be great...

I tried reseting and it didnt work.. Im thinking it might be a protocal problem.. is that possible

pops computer is a 2.0 ghz gateway..512 ram.. simple machine

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Go to the wireless properties and run the repair option. Try disabling any firewalls you may have installed on the computer. If you're still having issues, try using different software for the card. If you use Window's Zero Config, use something specifically for the card if available. If you can try another router(as in another brand/model) on your internet or locally, try that...

mtb211

hey thanks... I tried most of that... two routers.... but There might be a firewall on the computer... Ill have to go try that and let you know

THanks for the response

mtb211

hey Firewall worked.. but

Very strange... the firewall downstairs freed up my dads computer ... now the strangest thing is happening... when I log into steam... once i jump into a CS game he loses his connection... How weird is that... Ah its really frustrating... thanks so much with the help with the firewall tho