cant c a few images in ie

im2hard2resist

:mad: since yesterday when i was surfing , i noticed dat a few images in my browser are not being displayed at all , instaed i see a cross inside, but not all images, some of them i can see, i also checked if i have a flash player installed, and it is in place , the show pictures option in ie options/advanced is selected, and @ a few places , the page cannot be displayed message is seen , especially in the banner paces. the ie version is upto date v6 so no problem with that ....., can sum1 help????

Ace1627

Most of the times it is just a problem with the host of a site and nothing wrong with your browser. Are these well known sites? Try viewing off of another computer and see if you have the same problem. I bet that it is just a dead picture link on the fault of the site host. Hope this helps.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Or it could be some tight security settings in your browser or firewall that don't allow displaying externally linked pictures.

im2hard2resist

hey i visited good sites like hotmail.com and even winamp.com where i get those cannot be found banners , especially in hotmail on the sides where we get the ads. also on download .com....n many more........hvnt tried on a diff comp on my LAN , will ask a friend 2 c.... n let ya know........, ne solutions ????? :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
hey I visited good sites like hotmail.com and even winamp.com where I get those cannot be found banners ,
Firewalls view banners as "bad" regardless of what you consider "good" ... check your firewall settings. You might also have to empty the temp folders and restart :)

im2hard2resist

guys it was just a case of disabled active x !, i got 2 know dat cause after visiting some site they put up an error msg (alert box in javascript) that informed me about it, else i wudnt hv noticed it, i thght it was a case of firewall blockaging as u pointed out, so i jus enabled it!!!internet options/security/custom level. :D thats wat i was lookin 4!!!!!!