Can't check Hotmail and Yahoo mails.

arjhay

Right.. so I want to check my email on yahoo and hotmail but when I click "sign in" it doesn't let me into the yahoo inbox.. instead, I get "page cannot be displayed" message. Also, whenever I go to a 'secure' site the page cannot be displayed as well... :( :( :( Please Help. Thanks

red onion

1.) Make sure your system clock is correct.

2.) See if another browser works, that would help pinpoint the prob.

s_m_w_d

if you have a dial-up connection it could be your internet connect is just very weakor if you have a firewall turned on it can slow it down!

arjhay

red onion said:
1.) Make sure your system clock is correct.

2.) See if another browser works, that would help pinpoint the prob.

My system clock is correct... :)
hmm.. so I need to download Mozilla/Firefox to see if they're working? ... But I don't want to download it... :eek: Are there anymore solutions? :eek: Thank you.

arjhay

s_m_w_d said:
if you have a dial-up connection it could be your internet connect is just very weakor if you have a firewall turned on it can slow it down!

I have a broadband... :eek:

s_m_w_d

do you actually have a firewall if so try turning it off and there might be a difference its happened to me before!

arjhay

s_m_w_d said:
do you actually have a firewall if so try turning it off and there might be a difference its happened to me before!

I turned it off, and checked yahoo mail.. but it's still not working :( :( (Page cannot be displayed - when I click 'sign in') :(

Veurruckte

I've been on computers that have had the same problem. The problem is usually caused by:

1. Malware
2. Browser's Settings
3. Firewall

If it's none of those I'll have to brain storm >_> .

arjhay

Veurruckte said:
I've been on computers that have had the same problem. The problem is usually caused by:

1. Malware
2. Browser's Settings
3. Firewall

If it's none of those I'll have to brain storm >_> .

What's a malware?! how can I check browser's settings?and firewall? Please Help.:(

Super_Nova

Well, first of all you should probably be running firefox anyway. It's a better browser.

I doubt with that system that you're running IE with 56-bit encryption. So that shouldn't be an issue.

The first thing I'd do is delete IE's registry entry and let it rebuild itself. But I'm sure you aren't comfortible doing that. :)

arjhay

It's working now! :D I typed something in google about msn explorer because I can't use it too so I typed "can't sign in to msn explorer" then clicked many links.. and I bumped into a site where it says "windows update fails" (because I can't check my windows update too..) so I follow the instructions in this site:
http://www.updatexp.com/0x800B0004.html

then... my problem was fixed! Yay I'm so happy.. I don't know the reason why I can't check Hotmail/Yahoo emails, can't sign in to MSN Explorer, can't visit secure site, can't check windows update.. but when I did the instructions on the above website.. It is working now.. :D

Thanks anyway for all your help :D