Can't Delete Trojan Virus - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalHeader

Greetings.
I've just installed Norton Antivirus 2005 on my new custom PC. Apparently though, I downloaded a virus before I had this software. Norton keeps finding the virus but cannot delete it. I tried the manual process - went to msconfig, safemode, explored out to the infected file and tried to delete it, and no such luck.

How do I get rid of this thing? Norton keeps giving me the message that it exists. It's a 'download.trojan', and it's in:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KE32PC8GNDE.dll
I have no idea how to proceed. Appreciate the help.....

Here's my system info:
Windows XP Home
AMD 64 3000
1 Gig Ram
60 Gig HD
160 Gig HD

_Pete_

To be honest I don't bother these days. I can sit for hours and hours running various anti virus programs that, invariably, fail to work. I would be backing up my personal files now to an external hard drive and then I would do a clean install. Oh just realised that you are using Windows XP. Oh well there is no hope IMO. Surprised you could find any anti virus that will run on XP.

Calin

Just download Malwarebytes. It's easy to use and doesn't show you pop ups every 5 minutes telling you to buy the full version and works like a charm. Pretty much the only antivirus I use.

_Pete_

Obvious troll is obvious.

Agreed anyone using Windows XP in this day and age doesn't deserve help. And Calin I suggest you read up on anti-virus and anti-malware.. Malwarebytes is an anti-malware program not an anti-virus program. Sooner or later you stand a very good chance of coming unstuck if you only use Malwarebytes.

_Pete_

My immediate thoughts as well.

I wonder if the same is true for those who still use Office 2003...

What an inane comment especially from a moderator. You should know that there is a massive difference between someone still using Office 2003, which I do and it works fine as long as I use the Microsoft Office Compatabilty pack. I take it' you have heard of that haven't you? Using an old operating system such as Windows XP will introduce all sorts of security issues which using Office 2003 wont. The OP has what he describes "as a new custom built pc" and then he goes and puts Windows XP on it. C'mon get real mr moderator/staff member.

beers

Staff member
I'm just providing you information on 450 specific, identified vulnerabilities that impact office. I don't see you providing any information to back up your claims.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to throw a tantrum.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Untitled.png @_Pete_

Yeah, I know it's out-dated, but I've been using it since 2003. I have Open Office and Google Docs, too FWIW. I also use Office 365 for work and Office 2010 on another system. Aside from some of the colors not translating from 10/365 backwards to 2003, no compatibility issues.

Don't understand the need for the cyber freak-out on your end.

This thread has spiraled off-topic so much, that I doubt it will return.

With that said, my thoughts on Microsoft Office.

Although I still have my old Office 2003 install disk, I haven't run it in years. For sometime now, I have been using Office 365, a shared license from a friend's company. (He owns the business.) Anyway, in my opinion, with all the "inclusions" offered with this version of office, it's crazy not to upgrade.

Screenshot 2018-02-18 21.36.29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.