Cant download

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You delete old account by going into control panel, then user accounts and click on the account you want to delete. But in order to do this, you must be logged into your new account. Can't delete old account while logged into it.

Bramp

No delete option, I even rebooted. I am not logged into that account.
It says Administrator under that account though and not the new one?

You delete old account by going into control panel, then user accounts and click on the account you want to delete. But in order to do this, you must be logged into your new account. Can't delete old account while logged into it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The new account needs administrator privileges before you can delete the old account. Log back into the original account. Create a new account and make sure you set it as administrator.

Bramp

Okay that worked but have new problem.
Still cant download. Error is this.
blah blah file.exe "could not be saved because you cannot change the contents of this folder"

2a6qh3q.jpg

The new account needs administrator privileges before you can delete the old account. Log back into the original account. Create a new account and make sure you set it as administrator.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Does IE work? Try the Pale Moon browser? If all4 don't work then its a windows issue and you should reinstall.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So you have tried reinstalling both firefox and chrome? and tried the suggestions on that page I linked? Probably should do that before doing the reinstall. I'm not too familiar with the new workings of windows 8 but that looks like thats the route you need to do according to your image.

Bramp

Yeah I did everything in the link you sent me. I think this is an error windows has. It is all over the Microsoft community forums. I am going to try the windows 8.1 update to see if it fixes the issue.

So you have tried reinstalling both firefox and chrome? and tried the suggestions on that page I linked? Probably should do that before doing the reinstall. I'm not too familiar with the new workings of windows 8 but that looks like thats the route you need to do according to your image.

Bramp

another issue may be that this is a defective computer. It was purchased at bestbuy as an open box. Which means it could be a display model or a customer return. If it is a customer return I can see why computer is really unusable besides watching a few videos on youtube and checking emails.

I can't return it however. I had some one bring it to me from the US, I am down in South America. So I am stuck with it, so have to fix it or sell it. I listed it this morning to see if I could get any bites. Nothing substantial yet.

Bramp

For future reference of those reading the forum.
I got the download issue res loved by creating a Microsoft account.
I originally did not want to use one as I don't like having account for everything but this day and age I guess it is a requirement to go on with our lives.
Windows 8 requires a Microsoft account for almost everything. I thought why would I need that to actually save files. But turns out you do!

I even asked this question on the Microsoft forums and never got a straight answer as to why I did not have permissions.

I finally made a Microsoft account and everything was resolved.

Talk about control over your life!!! Good Luck!!

m3incorp

For future reference of those reading the forum.
I got the download issue res loved by creating a Microsoft account.
I originally did not want to use one as I don't like having account for everything but this day and age I guess it is a requirement to go on with our lives.
Windows 8 requires a Microsoft account for almost everything. I thought why would I need that to actually save files. But turns out you do!

I even asked this question on the Microsoft forums and never got a straight answer as to why I did not have permissions.

I finally made a Microsoft account and everything was resolved.

Talk about control over your life!!! Good Luck!!

Glad you got it figured out. I would never have thought of that. I did find it interesting that when I installed Win 8.1 that it required me to sign in with my microsoft account.