Cant enter Bios

n1ck

I tried reinstalling a new version of windows and my pc wont boot up anymore. I also cant access the bios (I have tried all the obvious keys F2,F8 etc) I removed the cmos battery for 1 minute still no joy. I have also created a bootable usb but its not picking that up either! Any ideas on what I can do?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What exactly happens when you turn the pc on? Is it a custom build or store bought pc? What brand I so?

n1ck

Its an ex educational machine from a school. Asus brand. It was working fine this morning but I have never been able to access the bios via startup? I decided to clean the machine and factory reset it via the windows 10 repair function when it started this and rebooted I just get a blank screen with the machine turned on. I removed the ram and graphics card but still no bios access. Any advice appreciated

n1ck

Thanks for advice but not worked. My Motherboard is asus H18M-R tried also with F8 key but nothing happens. Could the bios startup have been disabled somehow by the school?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Remove everything but just 1 stick of ram. Disconnect the HDD, any addin pciexpress cards. Possibly a hardware issue of some sort. Try booting up.

n1ck

I think I may have identified the problem. there is no power from my usb ports and hence my keyboard does not work to access the bios menu. Ive tested the PSU and its working any suggestions on getting power to usb ports? thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard usb ports or the ones on the case? If motherboard ports tthen they are either grounded out or they are bad. You can always get a pciexpress addin card that has usb ports on it.