Can't erase CD-RW on GateWay laptop

The VCR King

I am trying to erase one of my old CD-RWs on my GateWay MT6730 laptop, but everytime I click the Erase button in Windows Explorer/the My Computer folder, I get a message saying "Windows is currently using the disc. Please wait before starting to burn."

I don't get this message when erasing CD-RWs on my gaming PC, so it has to be a problem with the laptop or disc.

Anyways, WTF is Windows doing with an old music mix that is so "IMPORTANT" anyways?

EDIT: The error message is because I left the burn wizard open from trying to erase it earlier. I am still having issues erasing the
stupid disk. I keep getting a message in Burn Wizard saying "There was a problem erasing this disc"

I'm pretty sure the drive just crapped out because it is not wanting to read CD-ROMs either.

Nevermind, nevermind. I just rebooted the craptop and suddenly my cd-rw drive is working again.

ARGH! I AM SO DUMB!

Last edited by a moderator:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
What does Layer 8 mean?

The networking OSI model has 7 layers. Layer 8 doesn't really exist, but if you extend it out, layer 8 is the individual user.

There's also Pebkac (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair) and the ID10T error.

The VCR King

9/10/14
The CD drive in my laptop is still not erasing/burning properly so I am going to go to the thrift store later and buy a cheap USB drive.