Cant figure which connection is positive or negative

NeedsHelp

My mobo says +5 Volts and PLED, which is positive and which is negative? help plz. Im connecting the Power LED.

Last edited:

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
what i've always done is to connect the terminal with the coloured wire to the left pin on the motherboard; its always worked for me.
if you get it wrong it wont cause and problems, all that'll happen is the LED wont come on. you can always swap it later :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
And if its dark and you cant see or whatnot, just connect it, try it .. if it doesnt work, reverse it :)

i had problems hookin up my leds to, they go like up and down instead of side to side , its hard to explain, just turn ur comp on and just switch them around until everything works u can do it while the computer is runing

Trizoy

VIP Member
Bunchofstuff said:
negative and ground are the same things:)

Well actually not.. They can be considered the same thing in some situations. But the way I had it explained to me... (and I know I am going to hear something back from this, not a popular model for electricity) In lower educational classes middle school high school, and even in most college classes electricty/or current is shown to move one way through a wire diagram/object... That is in the positive terminal and out the negative terminal...
But I ask you this.. What is electricity? basically the flow of electrons through a conductive material. If you remember back to high school science class... electrons were??? NEGATIVE(-). HMM, why could anything - flow through a + terminal? IT DOESNT!! Electricity flows from the (-) neg to the (+)pos terminal.
Some questions maybe coming into your mind... hmm cars... Is that why your told to remove your negative cable when working on your car? Hmmm is that why you’re supposed to remove the negative cable first when removing jumper cables??? Hmmm

The theory of electrons flowing form + to - is much simpler, and works for the average person... Everything you ever thought about electricty, shot down...

Ok let the argument begin...

mikelx21

I had the exact same problem...i had no clue which way to plug in my speaker/pled,reset,pwrswtch blah blah blah...all i noticed was that on one side of the connectors, there was an arrow, also labled KSP I believe?? what is that all about???

joshj

Yeh, there's arrows on one side of my cables, too. I don't remember which side the arrow went to, though. Just try it with one cable, and then you'll know for the rest of them.