Can't find a fitting cooler for my cpu/motherboard.

Laquer Head

You should shoot for probably 3200MHz or so IMO. Most boards will support those speeds with latest BIOS and there's definitely an uptick in smoothness in games with benchmarks to support that and price difference isn't huge going up to 3200MHz vs 2400MHz.

You don't need an R7 to get 3200MHz? Where'd you hear that?

Probably the same tech...lol

I use 3200mhz and its stellar.. XMP was 2 clicks and instantly booted

Darren

Staff member
XMP is an Intel thing, but I believe AMD has their own version which basically does the same thing.
My board has XMP baked right into the BIOS, and so do a lot of the other AMD boards....?

My 3200 kits is running at 2933 XMP Profile. Gonna wait a few more BIOS updates before trying for 3200 since it's working fine right now.

I actually saw that in a youtube video. It doesn't apply to all boards. It was one of the major channels.

I am going to roll with 2400Mhz until I will upgrade to more RAM. Then I'll buy 3200Mhz RAM. I just couldn't afford any faster RAM, I was already pushing my budget. Even with trading in my old parts, I am glad I got the 1600 because initially I was going to get the 1500X.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I am going to roll with 2400Mhz until I will upgrade to more RAM. Then I'll buy 3200Mhz RAM
If you're doing that, you need to replace the 2400mhz ram when you plan to upgrade to 3200mhz ram. You can't expect the 2400mhz ram to run at 3200mhz speeds.