Can't find a fitting cooler for my cpu/motherboard.

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by Daniel Dukai, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Laquer Head

Laquer Head Well-Known Member

Probably the same tech...lol

I use 3200mhz and its stellar.. XMP was 2 clicks and instantly booted

2. Intel_man

Intel_man VIP Member

XMP is an Intel thing, but I believe AMD has their own version which basically does the same thing.

3. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

Some boards like ASUS list it as DOCP, but it reads all of the same tables/timings.

4. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

My board has XMP baked right into the BIOS, and so do a lot of the other AMD boards....?

My 3200 kits is running at 2933 XMP Profile. Gonna wait a few more BIOS updates before trying for 3200 since it's working fine right now.

5. Daniel Dukai

Daniel Dukai Member

I actually saw that in a youtube video. It doesn't apply to all boards. It was one of the major channels.

I am going to roll with 2400Mhz until I will upgrade to more RAM. Then I'll buy 3200Mhz RAM. I just couldn't afford any faster RAM, I was already pushing my budget. Even with trading in my old parts, I am glad I got the 1600 because initially I was going to get the 1500X.

6. Intel_man

Intel_man VIP Member

If you're doing that, you need to replace the 2400mhz ram when you plan to upgrade to 3200mhz ram. You can't expect the 2400mhz ram to run at 3200mhz speeds.

7. Daniel Dukai

Daniel Dukai Member

I've bought 2400MHz RAM in a kit of 2x4GB because that was all I could afford.

When I have the money, I will replace the whole kit with faster RAM (preferably 2x8GB).

Laquer Head and Darren like this.
  8. Laquer Head

Laquer Head Well-Known Member

Thats fair, gets you going and leaves you open to change/upgrade down the road!