Can't Find Ethernet Driver Update ANYWHERE!?

xTobyMc

My 'Ethernet Controller' driver has an exclamation mark next to it in device manager, and I am trying to connect an ethernet cable to my motherboard on my new PC build.

When I right click the driver and check for updates, none can be found by Windows 7. Then, when I go to my motherboard's website and check the products' drivers available for download, there is nothing which relates to ethernet.

Have spoken to a technician briefly who said there MUST be an ethernet driver available online, and after extensive googling and checking the motherboard website, still nothing.

Here's a link to my motherboard's download page, it is the Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=Win764&Model=Z77 Extreme4

NyxCharon

It's right there.
mw3zsy.png

Last edited:

xTobyMc

Yeah I did download that driver, but it seems to freeze up my pc completely when I try to install it. I've had a technician who one of my family members is friends with to remotely log into my PC, and he's going to have a look at my PC tomorrow.

Thanks for the support though

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried the motherboard cd to install the drivers? If so, its seems you may have a motherboard issue.

ladiferret

If it's a bad driver on the CD (it happens)....you can search for it on the net. Download and install it from there.

Just a thought.