Can't find secondary hdd

Skadoosh

Thank you in advance and this is my first time posting, so I hope all of this makes sense!

I just added a secondary Western Digital hard drive to a machine I built a few months ago. I can find the drive fine in BIOS but when I start up my computer and try to find it in "my computer", it's not there, just my main C: drive. The only drives that I have hooked up are: 1 Western Digital drive for my OS etc, a dvd drive, and a card reader. I've tried hooking it up without the card reader attached and the same result.

Am I missing something really easy? I was going to format the secondary drive... but I can't find it! It's an OEM from Newegg and both hdd's and dvd drive are SATA.

I'm pretty frustrated at this point so if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

StrangleHold

Staff member
Go into Disk management, partition and format it and it will show up.

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Click on Disk Management on the left - right click on the drive in the lower right pane.

Last edited:

arisejesus

note that u cant use ur hdd if its still unpartition. windows will also not be able to use the drive if its not partition in either fat of ntfs

HI,
If it's an ATA drive, do you have the new drive set to be a slave with the jumper? SATA drives don't require this but I don't know which interface you are using.

Sparky

Edited to Add: Opp's sorry. I reread your post and saw that you do have SATA drives. Forget everything I said. Sorry.

Last edited: