Can't forward port 3389 on zoom 5352 modem/router

DonnyTEN

I have a Zoom 5352 cable modem/router. Using the built in windows remote desktop tool, I am trying to set up my router to be able to access it from work. I was told that I have to forward port 3389, correct? So I log into the routers home page, go to " advanced", click " forwarding", then I select "add ipv4", in the "external IP"- i choose the ip address provided by Isp, for external "start" and "end" ports, I choose "3389" which is the port for remote desktop, which automatically populates local "start" and "end" ports, for protocol, I choose "both", then set "enable" to "on". Yet, to test to see if this port is actually open, I have gone to many port checking sites and they all report that port 3389 on my router is closed. I've tried turning both the ip4 and ip6 firewall settings to "off", and it made no difference. Is there something i'm missing with this router? I have attached a screen shot for reference.

Hardware Version A0
Software Version 5.5.7.13

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    113.8 KB · Views: 4

beers

Staff member
Do you have Windows Firewall set to allow these requests from external/public sources?