Cant get HP printer installation cd to install?

Im running windows 7 "64bit" AMD Radeon 5700 Grfx Card, and just got a new printer HP Laserjet 200 M276nw.
I tried to put the install cd in and it goes to work and makes it to like 79% then just stops and says error?
I just dont get why it doesnt work and at my wits end,If anyone has a fix please let me know,Thanks!

I tried doing it from there also,That is pretty much the same thing as the CD but just another way to download it. It works the same way,Well It doesnt work I guess. It goes to the same percentage rate of installation and stops and says error.

No it just says error,and if it happens again try to restart and try again "I did like 20+ times" but other than that it says if problems still occur check product page for help,I seen nothing to help me there that I know of.
Yesterday It looked like it loaded on my pc by usb "the printer did anyway" but when I tried to print something is said error and mentioned something about my grfx card.
But I tried many different things and now I dont even see the printer on my pc and the cd doesnt work

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would say it has something to do with your system configuration. How are you connecting the printer to your computer? If by usb, then don't plug it in until it tells you. I would suggest trying to install the printer on a different pc, if it works then you know its your system.

I tried connecting with the printer/usb before and after the cd install,The Cd install will not install either way.
Last night I tried just that, I installed the cd to my sons laptop "it was a HP laptop,so I would assume it would work" And it did work. I popped the cd in and it installed all the way,then it asked to plug in the printer and everything went smoothly.
So it is something with my pc,But I have no idea what to change or check?

Well my buddy got my printer working by simply just going to add a printer wireless and it found it and now it works. I can just print like normal from my pc.
But now im kinda lost on how do I scan back to my pc? It gives me choices like scan to email, scan to usb and scan to network folder.

It gives me a address that goes to my printer and shows all my stats and also a place where it says set up net work folder and email etc.
Im not understanding the display name and network paths etc. Do I just make a folder on my pc for it to go to? If anyone can give me some help on this I would appreciate it.