I have a Compaq evo SFF D500 pc, I have since decided to upgrade to a larger 400gb samsung hard drive, I am using the hard drive that I previously used as an external drive that gave me no trouble at all.
I have formatted it in NTFS format.
My problem is that although the bios sees the hard drive I can not get it to boot up from my genuine xp pro disk. In bios it is set to boot first from cd.
I have tried numerous different things including disabling everything else apart from the cd, tried an external usb cd drive but still wont boot and I know the xp disk is bootable.
I took the hard drive to work and tried it in a works Compaq pc but it still wont boot.
I know the 400gb hard drive works fine, it was able to read and write to it as a slave drive, I know my works pc works??????
Dunno what now???
Any ideas????
I have formatted it in NTFS format.
My problem is that although the bios sees the hard drive I can not get it to boot up from my genuine xp pro disk. In bios it is set to boot first from cd.
I have tried numerous different things including disabling everything else apart from the cd, tried an external usb cd drive but still wont boot and I know the xp disk is bootable.
I took the hard drive to work and tried it in a works Compaq pc but it still wont boot.
I know the 400gb hard drive works fine, it was able to read and write to it as a slave drive, I know my works pc works??????
Dunno what now???
Any ideas????