Can't install Steam

jgoff14

I bought my grandfather a new computer the other day. I set it up, it works great, and I figured I'd buy him some games from Steam to mess around with. Well I downloaded the Steam installer from their website just fine, but after it downloads, it wants to run the Steam update to finish the install but it says it can't because it needs to be connected to the internet. Well it obviously is so that isn't the problem. I tried resetting the modem, turning off windows defender and windows firewall, uninstalling Malwarebytes pro and still no change. I have found that it tends to be a problem with a firewall or antivirus but they are off/gone. It's very frustrating as this is a fresh install of windows and the system literally has only ran for an hour at this point. I've never seen something like this so after trying what I did I was at a loss. It's an i7 4770k with 8gb of Corsair Dominator, EVGA GTX 670, Corsair CX600M, Crucial 256GB SSD, MSI Z87 MPower LGA 1150, and Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. Help please, he was so excited when I told him I had more exciting games than Solitaire in store.

Thanks in advance, Jeremy