Can't load windows 10 on new computer!!

mcc1961

I just finished building a new computer but I can't get it to load windows .It gives me the bsod that says
\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe and the error code 0xc0000221.I have an Asus motherboard and they think it may be the DDR3 memory which is not on the vendors list.

mcc1961

I have an AMD 5350 with 1x8gb of HyperX DDR3 memory and an Asus AM1M-A motherboard. I have tried 2 hard drives and it still doesn't help.I had an old Windows 7 disc and it tried to load but had the message that it was a hardware problem and it couldn't communicate with the some of the components.

mcc1961

I have tried to load 10 with 2 USB sticks and the iso disc and they won't work.The memory is Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Black (HX318C10FB/8).

Darren

Staff member
I have tried to load 10 with 2 USB sticks and the iso disc and they won't work.The memory is Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Black (HX318C10FB/8).
Is the ISO the disc from MS or one you made?

beers

Staff member
That ram is a weird choice for that build. Have you manually set 1.5v dimm voltage?

Darren

Staff member
One I made from the MS download site.
If you made the disc and two flash drives with the tool your download may have been corrupted. I'm unsure if it redownloads the OS data each time you create a USB/disc or just downloads it once. If it just does it once your download could be corrupted and cause that issue on all of them. I'd start afresh and make a new flash drive if you can just to be sure.

mcc1961

No,I have some vendor approved memory on the way.Do you think the memory is the problem?Here is what I have ordered
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL.

mcc1961

One of the USB sticks has been made for about a year and the disc and the other stick were just made.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is that you have bad memory, you can download and create a bootable memtest86 usb and test the ram.

Darren

Staff member
Being vendor approved doesn't mean the RAM won't work with the board, in theory as long as the speed and timings of the RAM sticks match up with the speed/timings the chipset support it should be fine. Sometimes RAM is just bad, Memtest will tell you.