2.26Ghz Processor
4GB DDR2 Ram
512MB dedicated Graphiccs
500GB HDD

however when i turn it on it has the old owners username and password
how do i create my own or reset his?
obviously i dont know it.

Humveeluvr

Contact the person who sold you the computer and if there not using that copy of Vista for them selfs then have them give you the login and password. Did it come with the Vista disc? If not its in your best intrest to pick up a copy of your own so down the road you can reinstall if need be!

brycematheson712

First thing, if you're still in contact with the owner, you can go ahead and call him up for the password. But you've most likely already tried that, otherwise you wouldn't be here asking us.

If the old user's account information is still on the computer, my guess is that all of the old user's files are on the computer as well. You probably don't need to keep those anymore so go ahead and pick up a Vista disk to re-format and re-install the entire thing. During setup, it'll ask you to input your own information.

AjsGuns

Could i use my Windows XP disc im using for this computer?
dont really want to spend another $140 on a OS. As i spent $800AUD ($525USD) Also dont have his Recovery disc as he sold the computer cheap as he was going away overseas however i asked him to test out the sound so he put in a audio cd and forgot to reinsert the Recovery disc back in, hence i have his audio disc and he has my recover disc :( and now he is overseas so i cant get the disc.

So atm im stuck with a:
2.26Ghz Processor
4GB DDR2 Ram
512MB GFX Card
500GB HDD

in a box :(

Humveeluvr

Could i use my Windows XP disc im using for this computer?
dont really want to spend another $140 on a OS. As i spent $800AUD ($525USD) Also dont have his Recovery disc as he sold the computer cheap as he was going away overseas however i asked him to test out the sound so he put in a audio cd and forgot to reinsert the Recovery disc back in, hence i have his audio disc and he has my recover disc :( and now he is overseas so i cant get the disc.

So atm im stuck with a:
2.26Ghz Processor
4GB DDR2 Ram
512MB GFX Card
500GB HDD

in a box :(

Yes you can use your current XP but only if you delete it off your system that your using at the moment, as you can only run it on one computer at a time.

At least you got some new tunes to listen to while you are reformatting!