Can't Oc e6400 over 3.01

highrev15k

Ok so I cant seem to get my E6400 over 3.01ghz, even with raising the voltage. Its gone over 1.46 volts and I still can't raise the fsb over 376. Any ideas? The rig is in my sig

Last edited:

taylormsj

Maybe the motherboard cant support that higher FSB ( i dont have much expericne with intel though)
If the memory divider is at 1:1 then maybe your ram cant go that far, if so, turn it down.

tuxify

Does BIOS (I'm assuming your overclocking through BIOS, if not, you should), not allow you to raise the FSB any higher? Or does your computer get the BSD or not even boot up with a higher FSB?
Whats your multiplier set at?
It could also be like what taylor said, but you might have to raise the RAM voltage.

highrev15k

Yes I can raise the voltage and fsb more but when I do before I even post the pc resets to default. I have been running the ram at a lower speed than what is rated when trying to get the cpu OC'ed.

tuxify

You may need to raise the RAM voltage. Your processor might be fine, but if your ram doesn't have enough voltage, your computer won't take the overclock.

Geoff

VIP Member
You have lowered the RAM speed correct? You may also need a higher voltage, I know I couldnt get to 3.4 without setting the voltage to 1.575.

highrev15k

Yes when trying to go more than 3.01 (376fsb) I drop the ram speed down to below 800 (its 800mhz ram). I also have loosed up the timings jsut to be sure that its not the ram. I raised the voltage to 1.5 and I still cant get any higher than 376 fsb. I dont know what the problem is because I know people are clocking the 6400 to higher than 3.01. By the way I am running a thermaltake ultra 90 with a delta fan and getting idle temps of 25*c. So its not overheating either. Could it be my power supply? I dont think it would be but maybe?

1:1 Ratio so the ram should be at exactly 752mhz. Cut your timings to 5-5-5-15.... What are your overclocked idle and load temps?