Cant read two hard drives

chris0147

Hi all,

I need your help, I have a trouble with reading two IDE hard drives at the same time. When I have plugged the IDE cable onto the ports of two IDE hard drives and I have plugged onto the motherboard. When I have switched the power switch on, it can only read one hard drive at a time as it won't read the other hard drive. I have checked both hard drives and they are working fine. I find it hard to believe that it would not let me to read two hard drives at the same time. I have taken the pictures for you to have a quick look:

lOR9c8d.jpg

uJYXhQf.jpg

9isdSJA.jpg

The name of the motherboard is ASROCK 980DE3/U3S3.

It say that I can be able to read two hard drives at the same time, but it wouldn't let me.

Do you know why it would not let me to read two IDE hard drives at the same time using in one port?

How I can read two hard drives at the same time?

Thanks in advance

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check your jumpers, one needs to set for master and the other slave or both needs to be set for cable select. You most likely have both set for master which is why they can't be read correctly.

Since it looks like you are booting to these, make sure you set the correct drive for master.

beers

Staff member
^ that right there. Typically the master is at the end of the cable, with the slave in the middle, but if you use cable select you don't have to worry about it.

chris0147

Thank you for your help guys, I have changed the jumper on one hard drive and now I can read both hard drives at the same time!

Problem are now solved!