can't repair because of SATA

silver 95

Hey guys,
I'm working on a machine that looks to be in rough shape. It's got win xp pro and a 80 seagate SATA hard drive. (st380013as) im trying to do a repair because once i get to the user login screen, everything looks really crappy like it was running on a 2 mb video card. it hard a video card in there, but i took it out and am using the onboard for now. now, the issue im having is that when i start the repair, i press F6 cause i wanna enter the SATA or RAID config. Once it brings me up to the screen to ask which drive I'd like to configure, it asks for me to put the disk with the drivers on it. I put the disk in and all it tells me after that is that Line 15 of the INF file is incorrect (or something like that). I just started working on this issue cause my buddy had to leave, so i'm not even sure where to download that driver. I checked the Seagate site, but with no luck

HELP!!!

thanks guys

silver

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
you need to look for drivers for the SATA controller. it will depend on the motherboard's chipset, try the manufacturer, they should have the drivers you're looking for.

also, by what you said it sounds like you need to reinstall the graphics driver :)