can't save images from the net........

boostedpimp

Ok wondering if anybody has any ideas on this one rather then wiping the machine and starting over.

The issue is that Im unable to save any image file from any website using either one of my browsers (IE6 and Firefox 2.0)

I've tried clearing all temps, cache, cookies and anything else that's regenerated through out my OS and still no dice.

Don't really think it's a hardware issue but if it'll help it's a ibm thinkpad t60 laptop running XP Pro SP2

I'd appreciate any suggestions or help

- Ryan

patrickv

i don't think it's hardware.
so what you're saying is that, you can't right-click any images and click "save" ?
thats odd.
for the time being create another account , load internet and see if you can save from there

boostedpimp

i don't think it's hardware.
so what you're saying is that, you can't right-click any images and click "save" ?
thats odd.
for the time being create another account , load internet and see if you can save from there

No I am able to right click and choose "save image as" etc all day long.. it even pops up the dialog box asking me where to save the file to and when I choose save it goes away like I saved the image to my hdd but when I go to the location I just choose to save it to it's not there.

Doesn't seem to matter what image time it is gif, bmp, jpeg etc and it doesn't matter if im using my IE6 or Firefox2.0

Weird thing is that I can create folders all day long even though I can't save images from the net:confused:

boostedpimp

OK just figured out that if I drag the image I want from either browser over to my desktop it'll save the image there... weird

anybody got any ideas?