Can't see other computers on xp homenetwork

iffy

Hi, I have 5 XP PRO machines all on a MSHOME network. I can see all the systems on all the computers in VIEW WORKGORUP COMPUTERS bar one! From this system I cannot see any other computer on the WORKGROUP. However I can see this specific computer form other systems but I cannot access this system! please help

iffy

Hi Mate, yes it does. But then so do all other systems, and they can communicate with one another perfectly fine?

Christian Darrall

try disabling the firewall just for the time being, it could be something to do with the way its set up?

try connecting to the other computers from the one thats suposidly not working (a bit of backward thinking)

it maybe that you get a popup asking to allow microsoft networks. apart from that. just check all windows settings to make sure they match or you could try making a xp network disk (found in the network setup wizard) that should sort all the settings out.

Try pinging the machines first though. If the ping doesn't work, then it is the connections between PCs most probably, or a dodgy network card that is configured incorrectly.