Cant start windows normally, please can anyone help me?

NNooh7

Hey,

My name's Chris -- I don't know if this is the right place to post this but there seems to be no Help section or whatever on here so I apologize if this is in the wrong section/forum.

Anyways, I've bought this laptop like a year ago and though I have other problems in my computer, one major came up just 2-3 days ago

I can't start my computer... It keeps giving me this black screen saying if i want to repair it (recommend and stuff...) or start normally and then I click on start normally. Everything was aok until we actually get to the part of starting windows... it gets stuck in the loading of things and stays stuck until God knows when...

Anyways, to keep things short, i tried clicking repair and after that it gave me this:

"Windows cannot repair this computer automatically

If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Click Finish to exit and shut down your computer."

There's nothing attached to the freakin' computer right now and nothing happened... Ive tried to search a cure for this problem with no luck.

Anyways ive read that I should go to safe mode and restore or something, I went to safe mode, I THINK i restored my computer but it doesnt seem to work.... does anyone have any clue on what to do or to restore your computer wayy back in time like maybe 2 weeks ago instead of 2 days ago, it would help.

Big Thanks and I hope to hear from you people soon

P.S.: im currently on the laptop in safe mode (with networking)...

deanj20

Try this:

Go to Start-->Run-->type in 'msconfig' and hit <enter>

In the Startup tab, check everything that you do not need running in the background at startup and click "Disable All." Then, in the Services tab, check Hide All Microsoft Services, check everything that you do not need running in the background at startup and click "Disable All." Restart the computer.

Be forewarned that you may need certain programs to run at startup, especially display drivers, etc. If you do not feel comfortable removing startup entries on your own, please do the following:

Download the HijackThis executable from here: http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/ (executable is on the right).
Run HijackThis! and press the button labeled "Open the Misc Tools Section". Then check both the check boxes next to the "Generate StartupList Log" button and click the button. Click the button to generate the list, save it and upload it as an attachment to your next post, and I or some other forum member will advise you on what to disable.

NNooh7

I would like to do this on my own without any programs and such. I'm hoping to disable all the programs that I myself have downloaded and stuff that isnt from Microsoft.

There's something in what you said that I didnt get... Why do I select what I wanna disable but then I click on disable ALL to disable all of them. Ive tried 3 times right now and it doesnt work...

deanj20

There's something in what you said that I didnt get... Why do I select what I wanna disable but then I click on disable ALL to disable all of them. Ive tried 3 times right now and it doesnt work...

My fault. Just uncheck whatever you you don't want to startup and and click 'Apply'

NNooh7

... I just tried that, mate ... I unchecked everything except stuff from Microsoft, Apple, and some others... and i clicked OK... it told me to restart so i did. It didnt work...

-- Yeah,, ... ignore what I wrote before --

.... Its still not working, though...

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Repair your operating system using it's CD/DVD-ROM disk...

NOTE: You must boot from that CD/DVD-ROM disk in order to do that!

Let me know if it worked.

Cheers!

Last edited:

NNooh7

.... Ok I just did it again and it worked. Thanks deanj20 for all your help :).

P.S.,, there's this other dude using my computer apparently... there's my account and there's this other dude. He's hidden for some reason but how can I remove his account?

I'm sorry if this is going against the rules in some way... if in someway it is, then I'll make a new thread, sorry...

Oh I didnt see your post there, STARS. well I know of that but I dont have the cd that came with the laptop, Im sorry... umm..., i said that this laptop is like 2-3 years old, God knows where's the cd, dude. Thanks anyways for your time :)

Last edited:

deanj20

P.S.,, there's this other dude using my computer apparently... there's my account and there's this other dude. He's hidden for some reason but how can I remove his account?

What's the "other dude's" user name? Can you not remove the user via User Accounts in Control Panel?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
.... Ok I just did it again and it worked. Thanks deanj20 for all your help :).

I'm sorry if this is going against the rules in some way... if in someway it is, then I'll make a new thread, sorry...

Oh I didnt see your post there, STARS. well I know of that but I dont have the cd that came with the laptop, Im sorry... umm..., i said that this laptop is like 2-3 years old, God knows where's the cd, dude. Thanks anyways for your time :)

LoL I noticed that people keep losing their operating system CD and DVD disks.You should put them on some safe place and always know where they are in the case you might need them.Hell man I still even have my Windows 95 disk lol and I didnt lose it yet,not to mention anything newer hehehe:D

NNooh7

What's the "other dude's" user name? Can you not remove the user via User Accounts in Control Panel?

the other dude's user name is something like Mcxz or something like that, I think its an admin user too. This is not a shared laptop, mate. No i cant cuz he's kindof hidden...ive noticed his username a couple of times when for example installing a program and stuff... its always Mcxz or something similar to that. How can I, as an admin, unhidden him and remove him completely?
Thanks in advance.

Oh and STARS, yeah i have an album full of window's cd-roms :D... I must have loaned to a friend or something without him loaning it back, I guess...

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
the other dude's user name is something like Mcxz or something like that, I think its an admin user too. This is not a shared laptop, mate. No i cant cuz he's kindof hidden...ive noticed his username a couple of times when for example installing a program and stuff... its always Mcxz or something similar to that. How can I, as an admin, unhidden him and remove him completely?
Thanks in advance.

Oh and STARS, yeah i have an album full of window's cd-roms :D... I must have loaned to a friend or something without him loaning it back, I guess...

LoL what kind of the friend is that if he didn't return your staff back?Go to his appartment/house,kick his ass and take your staff back lol:D:D:D

Hi Cris,

You may want to try the following steps:

Change the resolution of the external monitor using the menu keys, you may put the display or resolution settings to default and check.

Check the manual or the documentation that came along with the external monitor

Power off the external monitor, wait for 15 seconds, and then power monitor on. While the monitor is powering up, it will detect the signal from the display video adapter and should function normally.
Thanks

deanj20

Hey NNooh7,

Are you sure that the computer isn't registered to this Mcxz character? Is it a previously owned computer? You can check by going to Start-->Control Panel-->System. If you wish to change that value, you can edit the registry like so: http://www.theeldergeek.com/modify_registered_owner_and_organization.htm

I only ask because one would have to go through some trouble to create a hidden user account... http://www.theeldergeek.com/create_hidden_user_account.htm

If it is in fact a hidden user account, then you can remove it by logging using the Administrator account (not to be confused with an administrator account ;) ). http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

Hope that helps! :D