Cant think what this could be, can you help??

slorryy

Have been given a laptop to repair, everything was going fine, I wiped the hard disk, and reformatted if using ms-dos. Interested my windows installation disk, the os installation starts fine and but after a while it progressively starts to get slower then even slower then crashes. I tried installing another os but the same thing happened, any idea.

I am temped to think I might be something to with the cooling, but never came across a cooling problem with a loptop.

Any ideas??

Johnnyboy0056

do u have a room fan, like a self standing fan? if u do, put the fan so it blows on the comp, and try to expse the internals of the comp as best u can so the fan blows on them. try to install the os like this (using the room fan on high to cool the comp) and if it works, then u know u have a temp issue, and can install software to get some readings. if u do get the os installed, keep the fan on it while u run the computer. this way we know where ur heating issue is (processor, psu, etc.)

slorryy

Cheers will give it a try, sounds like the internal fan is working, thats why it is going my head in. there is no way it would be the hard disk??
dont think i can be as it formated fine

shupola

also try using some air in a can and blowing out where air goes in and out around the fans. my lappy had trouble with overheating and i did this and when the dust settled it stopped :) . man it was really dirty.

Mothered

slorryy said:
Have been given a laptop to repair, everything was going fine, I wiped the hard disk, and reformatted if using ms-dos. Interested my windows installation disk, the os installation starts fine and but after a while it progressively starts to get slower then even slower then crashes. I tried installing another os but the same thing happened, any idea.

I am temped to think I might be something to with the cooling, but never came across a cooling problem with a loptop.

Any ideas??

Have you tried using a different peripheral (CD ROM DRIVE?) .It doesn't appear to be an o\s Issue since you've already tried 2. Having said that, are you using "genuine" o\s's? Since you're only reformatting and the laptop was "operative" prior (no problem with cooling) I'd Imagine this
would remain that way. You can check cooling via the bios settings under
"pc health" (Although different bios versions may vary). I hope this can help??