cant turn off computer!

oneyeehaw

So Here I am trying to get my wireless card mfg on the phone to deal with the card not talking to my router. I turn on the laptop, and windows 2000 starts to load and now its STUCK. Not moving, just hanigng there. I tried ctrl alt del no response. I unhooked the power cord and its STILL on..........

:mad:

HELP?!

4W4K3

VIP Member
its probably running off battery lol. if theres nothing you needed to save or anything, then unplug the battery.

ripken2004

plz tell us what the problem is with ur card/router, i can help u alot cus ive experienced a crap load of problems with mine

Mothered

When did you first notice this problem? Did you Install any new hardware or software beforehand? Have you Installed the correct drivers for both the card\router? What power-settings are currently enabled\disabled? Take your wireless card out and see If Its the card and nothing else causing your system not to boot. Check what programs are enabled at start-up as this can sometimes be an Issue causing your system to hang. please provide a more In-depth description of your problem and we can work on It from there......

oneyeehaw

Ok so heres the scoop. I have a dell Latitude spd ??? Anyhow it came with a wireless card and I have recently purchased a router. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get the card to show a sign of life..........nothing I do helps!! Should I return the card?????

I do get internet access thru a wired connection thru the router so I am sure the router is "a OK". The card is by a company called Trend net and they keep saying to talk to Lynxys and lynxys says to talk to trend net.... It really stinks!!! I am ready to go out and buy a Lynxys wireless card (do they make them??)

I have not had any problems with the laptop not shutting down anymore.

>Karen