Can't uninstall Office 2016 - Win10

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't used Revouninstaller in quite some time but I do believe that it tries to use the programs own uninstaller first and then if you click cancel or continue it will start searching for all the files related to that program and will delete them. I just did an online search with that error code and not getting much on it besides trying to use the tool to automatically uninstall or do a manual uninstall which is a lengthy process.

Couriant

What happens if you install Office 2016? How did you install it the first time? (i.e ISO, MS site, torrent etc)

h3donyst

I haven't used Revouninstaller in quite some time but I do believe that it tries to use the programs own uninstaller first and then if you click cancel or continue it will start searching for all the files related to that program and will delete them. I just did an online search with that error code and not getting much on it besides trying to use the tool to automatically uninstall or do a manual uninstall which is a lengthy process.
You need to let it run the built in installer and then manually rip everything out with its post uninstall scan.
Built-in uninstaller doesn't do anything, just an error message

What happens if you install Office 2016? How did you install it the first time? (i.e ISO, MS site, torrent etc)
ISO

In the end I've managed to uninstall it after trying multiple times (safe mode, internet conn on / off, using a built-in uninstaller)