Cant update or it will kill my pc

Punk

Staff member
Pure utterly bullcrap!!!!
I know he sounds like a conspirationnist (is that the right word in English?) but you have to at least have an open mind and check what he says...

Lol like I said...check the updated data files code and you will see.

Please show us proofs, because without facts, your statement is useless. I don't agree/disagree with you yet, but what you did was just making rumors without any proof of what you said.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I surely won't go through all those decompilation procedures just to prove it lol.Anyway here are some updates in which I found things that were not supposed to be there:

-KB890859:

Causes the device manager to not work correctly (especially on right mouse click event) and instead of doing the job correctly,it will show messages that Microsoft management console has generated errors.
It also causes the reboot/shutdown problem.When system is restarting/shutting down,it will take even up to 15 - 20 minutes (at "Windows is shutting down..." screen) in order to reboot/shutdown.

-KB893066:

Causes the internet network connection to work slow or not to work at all.It also causes the system to be unable to obtain an IP address.

-KB936929:

Causes the internet network connection to not work through wireless network connection even though wireless network connection says that the signal is EXCELLENT or lower such as VERY GOOD.

-KB951447:

Computer loses wireless network connectivity when it resumes from standby or from hibernation or you receive an error message when you try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation mode.

-KB953761:
Client computers cannot access the network when some DHCP information is unavailable.

-And many more...

Punk

Staff member
I surely won't go through all those decompilation procedures just to prove it lol.Anyway here are some updates in which I found things that were not supposed to be there:

-KB890859:

Causes the device manager to not work correctly (especially on right mouse click event) and instead of doing the job correctly,it will show messages that Microsoft management console has generated errors.
It also causes the reboot/shutdown problem.When system is restarting/shutting down,it will take even up to 15 - 20 minutes (at "Windows is shutting down..." screen) in order to reboot/shutdown.

-KB893066:

Causes the internet network connection to work slow or not to work at all.It also causes the system to be unable to obtain an IP address.

-KB936929:

Causes the internet network connection to not work through wireless network connection even though wireless network connection says that the signal is EXCELLENT or lower such as VERY GOOD.

-KB951447:

Computer loses wireless network connectivity when it resumes from standby or from hibernation or you receive an error message when you try to put the computer in standby or in hibernation mode.

-KB953761:
Client computers cannot access the network when some DHCP information is unavailable.

-And many more...

It would be great if someone else would check that information as I don't have the knowledge needed to know what those updates do :). I'm not saying you're saying BS, just not saying this is the truth :).

You might want to quote the codes in your reply :)

StrangleHold

Staff member
I meant on the updates AFTER the SP3...

None of the updates below except one came out after SP3 and the one that did has a hotfix. Some of them are from 2005.

-KB890859:

-KB893066:

-KB936929:

-KB951447:

-KB953761:

-And many more...

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Yea I know.That is the weird part.I have SP3 and don't have any problems with the OS.The only thing that comes on my mind is that Microsoft HAS DONE THAT to those updates and then when they put those SAME updates and other updates all together in SP3 they didn't do that.Still I never checked SP3 since my system works just fine with it so I had no need to do that.

I just don't get one thing.(If my theory is correct) WHY would Microsoft do that to those updates (including also the ones released AFTER the SP3) and then NOT do that to those SAME updates when they put them all together in SP3 (together with all other "fixes/updates" that were part of SP3)???

Because according to this,if you install updates that are part of SP3 manually one by one (not all updates from SP3 of course just some of them INCLUDING SOME RELEASED AFTER SP3) then they will harm the OS.BUT if you install SP3 (which is just a pack of all the "same" updates) then those SAME updates will NOT harm the OS.

Here is what I think.First of all Microsoft of course gave the same name to those updates wether they are in SP3 pack or not to fool people to make them think it is not the updates's fault.But for some reason they made the SAME updates bad (only some of them of course not all),but when they put those SAME updates in SP3 pack (together with all other updates) they did not make them bad.
I tryed both ways:

-installed all the updates manually one by one
-installed all updates automatically from SP3 pack

And I can surely tell you that when I installed them manually one by one,my system really did work like crap after that and many things were slow or completely unresponsive/unusable such as:

-slow boot up and shutdown time (shutdown would sometimes take more than 20 minutes)
-weak internet connection and sometimes no internet connection at all wether it is LAN or wireless lan
-WMP would be crashing so damn often
-some drivers would not work correctly
-some windows executables would not work correctly such as "lusrmgr.msc","mmc.exe","services.msc","dxdiag.exe","diskmgmt.msc","devmgmt.msc"
and so on (can't remember all of them right now)...
-to some users (after months and months of usage) it even happened that they all of a sudden can't login into windows because they need to register it with Microsoft?!?! (And that was just weird because the period of using XP unregistered is 30 days and not few months)...
-Also antiviruses such as McAfee would attack system files AFTER the OS was completely updated with all the updates manually one by one.Before that it would not attack system files
-and much more!

Believe me I tryed all this and spent months to be sure that all this is happening because of Microsoft updates and not for some other reason.
And yes I tested all this with Windows,drivers and updates ONLY.I did not install nothing else except OS,drivers for the hardware of course and those updates so I can't say it is happening because of some other installed programs since I did not install a single one.And yes I did erase every single sector on the HDD before doing any of this.And yes I did test this on multiple netbooks,laptops and desktop computers.The results were the same on all of them.

So the question remains...WHY WOULD MICROSOFT DO THAT???
I actually started to think that Microsoft was planning this already for a long time WHILE they were making new operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 8 in order to force people to buy new operating systems from them so that they would make huge profit once the time comes.

I mean think about this people.Few years ago computers were a lot weaker and XP was working perfectly on them.And today with MUCH STRONGER computers XP ALL OF A SUDDEN works so damn slow and unstable on them???

NOW THAT JUST DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE DOES IT?...:confused:

lucasbytegenius

Ok Stars, some of the crap you've written for those hotfixes just hasn't happened from some Googles I've done. Also, I'm really getting sick of this conspiracy-theory crap, that Microsoft is intentionally making XP bad. Ever considered that it's probably your hardware causing the problems, as well as maybe some issues with the registry and other programs you've got installed? What you listed seems to all be stuff you've experienced after installing each and every update one by one, which I'm sure at this point has really started to affect your sanity.

What the OP is experiencing is most likely not an issue with updates, but rather an issue with a number of possible things, such as a corrupted install disc, bad HD, another bad part, or maybe a bad installation. Whatever it is, it's most certainly not Microsoft making XP horrible to use. I'm using SP3 on a laptop I'm currently typing this on with no problems whatsoever. Back when I used XP exclusively, I also had no problems whatsoever related to updates. Sure, there was the occasional BSOD or XP getting slow over time, and normal application crashes, but nothing like you're describing.

wolfeking

banned
I have SP3 installed, and it runs great. Never yet had an issue with it that was not caused by workarounds for a program not meant for it anyway.

But on top of that, I do not install updates I do not need to fix a problem I have. Which is what everyone should do, but they don't.

XP is fine. It works fine. And I only use it because it works native with netflix. ONce my desktop is back together, that will be what I use for that and XP will be gone in favor of vista. Just for games. :'(

lucasbytegenius

I have SP3 installed, and it runs great. Never yet had an issue with it that was not caused by workarounds for a program not meant for it anyway.

But on top of that, I do not install updates I do not need to fix a problem I have. Which is what everyone should do, but they don't.

I don't have time to sift through a hundred or more updates when I install XP or new updates come out, so I just install everything. I do deselect some of them though, like the Genuine Advantage tool (which is the only update in there anywhere close to what Stars is talking about, if it thinks you're running a pirated copy it causes problems such as a black background and annoying messages about buying XP), Windows Search (just annoying and slow) and I think some Bing crap (might be confusing Windows 7 updates here)

wolfeking

banned
I don't search through them. What I do is google the problem, and then search for just the update that fixes the issue. It has been a while, but I think there is a search box to enter the KB number to find what you need.

The only update that I automatically install 100% of the time is the DX11 update on Vista.

wolfeking

banned
And then Vista will very quickly be discarded for 7, I hope?
It will not. When vista can not longer run current games, then computer gaming will either be switched in favor of a much better OS like Linux (more likely than most think), or be a dead industry to me. Windows 7 has no place on my computers at all. And not argueing here, just answering the question.

Please, no, don't start that argument again.
It is not an arguement. I do not use windows 7. I will not use windows 7 for more than 10 minutes. It is more trouble than it is worth in my experience, and does nothing that other OSes can not do for less money and less work.

Punk

Staff member
It is not an arguement. I do not use windows 7. I will not use windows 7 for more than 10 minutes. It is more trouble than it is worth in my experience, and does nothing that other OSes can not do for less money and less work.

Well to be honest, Vista is nothing more than trouble on computers from experience... I'm upgrading my GF's laptop to Vista this Christmas!

And STARS, seriously from what you've said, I don't believe they made those problems on purpose... Rather than making a mistake then fixing it.

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Every operating system works good if you know how to use it properly lol.

Besides...everyone has their own idea of which operating system(s) is/are good and which is/are bad.

;)

Cheers everyone!

lucasbytegenius

And not argueing here, just answering the question.
Just saying because it usually turns into an argument, lol.
I've actually never heard someone say Vista works fine :O. Good for you then :)

Same, it's quite shocking.

Every operating system works good if you know how to use it properly lol.

Not every OS works well even if you know how to use it.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Not every OS works well even if you know how to use it.

At the end it all depends how lucky you are that day xD
LoL I am just kidding.But sometimes you really need luck lol.For example if your HDD dies all of a sudden for no reason,it's not your fault.It just happened because that day you were unlucky:
dead_hard_drive1.png

And of course for that reason you must always be prepared to cure the system in the case if you are OUT of luck that day:
041609_rg_harddrivebag_01.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Once that has been done,HDD will work again at it's full strength:
HDClock-InternalCover-On.jpg

YEA!!!!!:D:D:D

Cheers everyone!
red-wine-cheers2.jpg

StrangleHold

Staff member
God will somebody please BAN this S.T.A.R.S. dude. He is nothing but a BS artist. From back to telling people to wash computer hardware in a dishwasher up to this nonsense and most of everything in-between.