Can't wake my PC from sleepmode

Jake(G)

Hi, hope there's someone out there who can help me. I'm using a ASUS P4R800-V deluxe MB and everything else works perfect but when I'm waking the machine up from sleep mode I get "system failed CPU-test" in my speakers and the screen reamins in standby as if there's no signal coming from the computer. The fans and the HDD turns on as usual but ... nothing.

When the screen occasionally does get a signal I'm stuck in the stage before the POST bootupsequence, where you get to see what type of graphics card you got and so on, and I have to pull the plug to reboot (nothing else works).

People tell me that I've got a setting wrong in the BIOS but they can't tell me wich one. The ACPI-setting is set to S1&S3 (default) for the moment, other available choices are S1 (POS) or S3 (STR).

I'm blanked.... :confused:

/Jake

nomav6

I've never seen or had this problem but I did come across this article not for sure if it applies to this problem but its worth a shot.

To isolate the driver that is causing the problem, use the following steps:
Check to be sure your computer and all devices are on the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) and have WHQL signed and certified drivers. You can use Sigverif.exe to check for unsigned drivers.
Check for driver updates that may be available for your hardware.
Update software that uses filter drivers (for example, anti-virus, remote control, and backup software).
Uninstall any non-critical devices and software to help isolate the device/software that may be causing the problem.
Install Windows in a new folder. Add drivers and restart as you proceed to isolate the driver that is causing the problem.

I hope that helps

Jake(G)

I have uppdated all my drivers and all of'em are certified, I belive, but I'll check again to be sure. I'm fairly convinced that it is som kind of setting that I've got wrong but again I don't no which one.
I've contacted ASUS for help but still no reply (3 days has gone).
While waiting for reply I'll test your tips, I can always try'em out and hope for the best, thanks.
/Jake