Case and WaterCooling

bomberboysk

That's what I thought it could be, I did try tipping it a little bit, but not massively (I'm still a bit scared of it leaking so I'm delicate with it).

Tip it on it's front? I would imagine tipping it on it's back would be better ;)
I'll try some more tippage when I get home from work.

Do you think I will harm the system if I put the Res cap on and tipped the system upside down?
Make sure the res cap is on tight, and it shouldnt leak(a penny works well to tighten the res top's cap).

jellymonster

Ok I'm nearly there. The system is still making a wierd rattling sound (where I think bubble may be?). But it is coming from the CPU block, there are no bubbles going innor out of it. I have shaken it but it is still rattling. Is this normal? If not what could it be?

bomberboysk

Ok I'm nearly there. The system is still making a wierd rattling sound (where I think bubble may be?). But it is coming from the CPU block, there are no bubbles going innor out of it. I have shaken it but it is still rattling. Is this normal? If not what could it be?

Take the cpu block off and then shake it around a bit with the tubing attached, could be an air pocket in the top of the block.

jellymonster

The system is set up inside the case without my computer in. I've shaken it around quite alot with and without the pump on. Still rattles.

bomberboysk

I think I'm gonna drain it and see if there's anything inside it. It sounds like a little bit of metal rattling around =S

Yeah that would be bad, perhaps what may be causing the issue is the small plastic tab inside the GTZ block that helps increase pressure inside the block may be loose. You'll need some hex keys/allen wrenches to get inside the block.

jellymonster

Took it apart today, couldn't see anything loose inside. It still rattles quite loudly.

Could it just be tiny bubbles going through it?
I've been bleeding it for a long time today.

Any offer tips on bleeding my system?

jellymonster

Just took it apart again, and I think I just found the bit of plastic that you was taking about. What would you reccommend me to do with it? Take it out? Glue it? Push it in?

jellymonster

Just ordered R4-L2R-20AC-GP =) (Cooler Master R4's Blue).

I am going to remount the Radiator. To fit it in my current setup I screwed the fans inside the case from the top of the case, and double sided sticky taped the Rad on top =S. How would you guys fit it? I did originally think self tapping screws, but the only ones that I could find were too long and would go through the rad =(.

Also, I still need my previous question answered =) I might just take it out and see how it goes, or is it important? in which case I'll glue it?

Thanks

jellymonster

Arg, I think I'm going to cry with frustration. It's still rattling, I resorted in super glueing it in place... And it still rattles. I have left it running for hours on and off for he last few nights. I can see no bubbles and no foaming of the coolant. I really can't think what else it could be.
I may just put it all togther and hope it goes away over time maybe =(

jellymonster

Got my Cooler Master R4's =) good choice fans, luv em'

Plugged them into my fan controllers on my NZXT Lexa S case but when I turn them to the lowest setting, it makes some weird humming noise on and off.

I have to put them half on to keep it quiet without that humming noise, is that normal?

Lastly, my Apogee GTZ is still making that annoying rattling, and it's not getting better =( anyone got any other ideas on what I can do?

Probably post pictures tomorrow =)

Thanks all
JM

bomberboysk

Got my Cooler Master R4's =) good choice fans, luv em'

Plugged them into my fan controllers on my NZXT Lexa S case but when I turn them to the lowest setting, it makes some weird humming noise on and off.

I have to put them half on to keep it quiet without that humming noise, is that normal?

Lastly, my Apogee GTZ is still making that annoying rattling, and it's not getting better =( anyone got any other ideas on what I can do?

Probably post pictures tomorrow =)

Thanks all
JM
Can you better describe the rattle? Or even get an audio/video recording of it, that would help immensely.

The R4's need to be turned up enough so they are moving fast enough for the bearings, the bearings in them arent designed to be super slow(the fans are pretty quiet though as is, and more airflow is always better).

jellymonster

Can you better describe the rattle? Or even get an audio/video recording of it, that would help immensely.

The R4's need to be turned up enough so they are moving fast enough for the bearings, the bearings in them arent designed to be super slow(the fans are pretty quiet though as is, and more airflow is always better).

ok, I'll do it tonight. Just created a youtube account lol.

Yeah, the fans are very quiet even on half power, it's nice =)

I hear a crackling type noise, which sounds like a piece of debris in a fan or something bouncing around inside the plastic. Maybe try to clean it out well, and use a air canister.

jellymonster

I hear a crackling type noise, which sounds like a piece of debris in a fan or something bouncing around inside the plastic. Maybe try to clean it out well, and use a air canister.

It's not coming from the fans, it's from the CPU block. I can just have the pump on and it will still make that noise.

I have taken it apart twice and there is nothing inside. Sometimes it's not that bad, other times it is worse =S