Case Cooling Fans

I have a MSI gaming 7 MOBO i7 4790k H80i GT water Cooler GTX 970 850 w pSU. I am looking to upgrade a sidevent case fan. Would this fan be ok to put in the case or does it draw to much voltage and would be hard on the PSU and MOBO. I need a 3 pin fan and I dont want a PWM fan or 1 that plugs in to the Molex. Delta AFB1212VHE Here is a link to the spec sheet http://partner.delta-corp.com/Products/FanUploads/Specification/AFB1212VHE-F00.pdf I was told that this fan would draw to much power for a 3 pin MOBO connecter and could harm the MOBO. Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Don't bother with a side intake. Too annoying to take off each time you open the PC. Just be sure you have 1 or 2 front intakes, and a rear exhaust minimum. If you have a top fan, that can serve as another exhaust.

Okedokey

You can use that fine. The 0.6A is less than 1/10th of what a molex is designed to provide. If you have a 850W PSU it should be completely fine as 0.6A is around 7W @ 12VDC.

I have found side mounted fans improve cooling dramatically for GPUs as cold air is pushed directly on them.