Case fans for aspire x-dreamer2

B-MAN

I got my new case and it has 2 fans (1 on top sucking air out i think and one by the processor sucking air in).

xdreamer.jpg

The fans make ALOT of noise so i turned them off. Ofc now it gets kinda hot in there and the cpu fans speeds up. Now that starts making noise :(.

So do you guys know any good silent fans?

Also is it normal that the fan by the cpu sucks in air as the cpu tries to blow air out? Should i rearange that or what?

ghost

You would probably better off getting a few 80mm Zalman fans and a RPM control unit.

Last edited:

Greggie Boy

The side fan should be blowing air OUT in that particular case because it is close to the top. Any other fans(except top) should be INTAKE.

bigsaucybob

Greggie Boy said:
The side fan should be blowing air OUT in that particular case because it is close to the top. Any other fans(except top) should be INTAKE.

Well in that case the side fan should be intake becuase the top fan is higher. You said the side fan should be exhaust and the top fan should be intake. That would be pretty dumb to bring air in the top and push it directly out the side.

The best fan posistion would be to buy an intake fan for hte bottom of the case and leave the fan on top as exhaust.

mrbagrat

banned
bigsaucybob said:
Well in that case the side fan should be intake becuase the top fan is higher. You said the side fan should be exhaust and the top fan should be intake. That would be pretty dumb to bring air in the top and push it directly out the side.

The best fan posistion would be to buy an intake fan for hte bottom of the case and leave the fan on top as exhaust.

Yeah...hot air rises, cold air sinks, so its logic.

B-MAN

I don't think i can put a fun in the bottem. I'd have to make a hole and i'd have to raise the case. Also my floor is carpet so alot of dust would be sucked in.

So it's normal for the side fan to blow into the stream of the cpu fan?

I guess i'll have to find some good silent fans.