Case modding

JSpecGC8

I have torn down my comp and ripped apart my Antec 900 and cut a few holes and painted the core of the case. I have never done anything like this on a computer case before and I am still a little nervous.

If you have any hints, pointers, or have modded your Antec 900 please post some pics or some how to`s. Any info would be greatly appreciated I am not painting the outside until my airbrush gets here.

As soon as the paint dries and I route the cables I will post up the pics of how its moving along!!

I hope it dont turn out to ugly hahaha.

I decided to do this to clean up the cable management issue that the 900 has!!

JSpecGC8

Well here is the overall result, I just did this quickly and wanted to see how it looked. I will get more involved with it again when my new CPU and Vid Card are to go in.

I dont think it looks to bad any thoughts suggestions etc..........

JSpecGC8

Thanks this made the whole case look so much better and with the cables out of the way it will stay cooler and clean easier.

epidemik

turned out really nice, do you have a pic with all the casing on?

Did you sand it before you painted it?
Did you apply a layer of clear coat ontop of the red?
(Im not saying you should, i just remember another post someone was wondering those questions about painting)

How long did it take?

JSpecGC8

I used regular Krylon paint I just wanted to see what it would turn out as, I did wet sand it, but no Clear Coat.I plan on redoing it again when I rebuild my comp.

I left the Mobo in and used a grease pencil to mark out where I wanted the holes.

From there I just use a drill and drilled around the outline of my holes, I then cut them out and used a cutting wheel to smooth em out and clean up the edges. I used felt pads and electrical tape to cover the edges but will be changing that out for rubber grommets later. I do suggest measuring your cables diameter for each one running through the individual holes so you dont over do it.

This took me about 3 hours I just taped the wires together on the back side. I will be using zip ties later.

I think 5 hours is seriously doable if you can get a Clear Coat that doesnt take 24 hours to cure.

tuxify

1)turned out really nice, do you have a pic with all the casing on?

2)Did you sand it before you painted it?
3)Did you apply a layer of clear coat ontop of the red?
(Im not saying you should, i just remember another post someone was wondering those questions about painting)

4)How long did it take?

4. But very nice. Raised my wanted level for the Antec 900 over 100%

JSpecGC8

Hehe glad you like it, I am pretty satisfied with how it turned out myself considering this is the first time I cut up a case and all!!