Cases suggestion

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey people,

Im looking into getting a new computer built soon.

Now i dont have a clue whatsoever what im gonna buy but i am going AMD powered again.:D

Planning that at a later date.

However Ive started looking into some cases and i do like most of the cases made by Thermaltake such as these(The second silver case best)
http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Thermaltake_Suprano.html

And the Aspire X-Cruiser..
http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Apire_X-Cruiser.html

Can anyone recomend a good case which are similar to these?

It must have plenty of room inside for later upgrades and i would also like it to have a see through side panel.

Tony Williams

Go for that Soprano case you liked? It's very easy to work with and perform builds/upgrades also it has a lot of space. Above all it's very sexy.

tommycompton

i have the xcruiser its not a bad case, i found it a tad small and its kinda seems cheap compared to a thermaltake. it does look nice, but i'd take the soprano over it anyday.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have the xcruiser its not a bad case, i found it a tad small and its kinda seems cheap compared to a thermaltake. it does look nice, but i'd take the soprano over it anyday.

Yeah there seems to be quite a few good reviews about the case.

Realy i want it big inside but not too big if you know what i mean.

But then by the time i get round to sorting out what im gonna have in my new system theres probably gonna be some new cases on the market anyway so time will tell realy. :)

Jet

VIP Member
Cases can make or break the ease and fun of installing/changing computer components. If possible, go to a local computer store and see if they have any cases you can look at that are on display.

fade2green514

i spent $30 on my new case, i don't think its worth spending anything else on a case that you don't know how loud the fans are, or how much air they can push. i spent $30 on the case, and $20 on some case fans that i plan on cutting/drilling some holes in the case for.
this way i can choose the LED colors, and the right fans to put in, specifically some thermaltake blue led thunderblades... 21db and 78cfm... they're 120mm. best 120mm's for $10 in my opinion.
lol i also have a fan controller too... $20 awhile back, good choice if you ask me.

circuit city sells some good antec cases, but they never have the side windows or anything on those... i prefer a cheap case thats more moddable.
i plan on adding two 120mm thunderblades (one back, one front) and an 80mm thunderblade to the front as well.

Last edited: