CCleaner Help

vista18dc

I've just started to use CCleaner on my pc and just want to know is it safe to use in terms of what it deletes, i don't use the registry part of the program only the part which is called cleaner, i leave everything checked, is it all right to use this program, will it delete important files and folders ?

Thanks

TFT

VIP Member
No it won't delete important files. It deletes cookies, browsing history, reduces the .dat files from getting bloated in fact it's quite a gentle cleaner. The registry cleaner part is also gentle and will back up what it deletes just in case of problems allowing you to restore the registry deletion if need be, I've used it for 2 years and never had a problem.

G25r8cer

Yeah its safe! Ive been using it for a while. The only thing i leave unchecked is saved form information for firefox as I have firefox save my passwords and have a master password. I use the registry cleanup after uninstalling a program as it is much easier than doing it manually.

dznutz

The only thing i leave unchecked is saved form information for firefox as I have firefox save my passwords and have a master password.

what about saving cookies for certain sites? that way you won't delete the username/password for that site

diroga

what about saving cookies for certain sites? that way you won't delete the username/password for that site

you could not delete the coockies....or manage your cookies in your browser.

I have used it and my system still works. It's good for cleaning out windows cache that you dont need.

I have never used the registry cleaner, I'm too afraid.

Last edited:

dznutz

you could not delete the coockies....or manage your cookies in your browser.

I have never used the registry cleaner, I'm too afraid.

what about open ccleaner - options - cookies - cookies to keep?

ccleaner's registry cleaner is totally safe. on the downside it's not as effective

soccerdude

Everything for that program is safe... including the registry cleaner. The registry cleaner actually makes a back-up of your registry and you decided where you would like to save it.

What can go and what can't I do not know. I just run it and whatever it finds I select it all and clean it.

Hope this helps

G25r8cer

The registry cleaner works great! It is really fast at cleaning stuff out and finds most of the old reg keys. I use it every time I uninstall a program. I run the cleaner atleast once a day.

G25r8cer

Also dont forget the startup manager and program uninstaller built in it!! They both work great! The startup manager actually shows stuff that msconfig doesnt!