CD Drive not coming out of laptop

Noah Floyd

Hey! So recently the charging jack of my laptop started wiggling around so I’m assuming that it fell out of place. In attempts to try to open my laptop and get to it and see what’s really wrong I need my CD drive to come out. After unscrewing it it still won’t come out, it’s as if it’s jammed in there? Help please. I have an Inspiron 15

Darren

Staff member
They usually have a retaining screw that holds the drive in place. It's sometimes under a rubber foot or even inside the chassis. Depends on the model. Which Inspiron 15? Model number will be on the bottom or under the battery.

If you got that out, if the chassis is bent they can get caught on the lip when pulling out or the drive itself could be bent. If it's totally unscrewed you can also open the drive and very carefully use it as a grip to pull it out.

Charging ports are cheap to replace but the labor to get in and do it can be a bit much for some people. I used to repair laptops daily, and a lot of times charging ports would just get hot glued back into place and reassembled.

Noah Floyd

They usually have a retaining screw that holds the drive in place. It's sometimes under a rubber foot or even inside the chassis. Depends on the model. Which Inspiron 15? Model number will be on the bottom or under the battery.

If you got that out, if the chassis is bent they can get caught on the lip when pulling out or the drive itself could be bent. If it's totally unscrewed you can also open the drive and very carefully use it as a grip to pull it out.

Charging ports are cheap to replace but the labor to get in and do it can be a bit much for some people. I used to repair laptops daily, and a lot of times charging ports would just get hot glued back into place and reassembled.
Dell Inspiron 3567, Regulatory Model P63F, Regulatory Type P63F002