CD Drive opens at post and stays open at post

JoeSamo

to me it seems fine to the touch compared to the one right below it. I would pull the thing out but its a dell pc case so i have no idea on how to remove those dang security screws they put on it.. Sucks alot its almost like dell owns your computer even though its yours..

Unless you can tell me how to open up the sides of these dells so you can unscrew the other side of the cd drive then i dont really know what to do about it and sending it back to dell is not even worth it to me, its an older box that some family members use for general use you know?

Zatharus

VIP Member
Is there a vanity cover over the drive? Also, can you press the eject button to close the drive after it has opened, and will it stay shut then?

What model is it? I haven't seen a case I couldn't open...one way or another. ;)

Some case screws will stay in the panel. In other words, you can screw them out slightly, then they catch, and you can't pull them out completely. If this is what your's is doing once they are all out, just slide the panel back (usually). Some Dell's also have a release lever you can pull. In those models there are no screws. Just pull the lever and the side opens up or pops off.

dannaswolcott

I have had that happen before... turns out one time it was the IDE cable and one time it was just the drive that was messed up.