cd drive wont read blank disk

gino555

hi
my cd/dvd drive will read an audio cd but will not open a blank cd, it shows me in the cd drive icon that it has a cd r in the drive but when i double click the icon it flashes up d:/ not accesable incorrect function

does any one have any ideas?

regards

gino

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Try using a program like Deep Burner. It doesn't add Drag and Drop features to Explorer, but it should allow you to burn your data to the disk.

StrangleHold

Staff member
hi
my cd/dvd drive will read an audio cd but will not open a blank cd, it shows me in the cd drive icon that it has a cd r in the drive but when i double click the icon it flashes up d:/ not accesable incorrect function

does any one have any ideas?

regards

gino
If the CD is blank the drive cant access anything

anifay

I agree... What can you access? It is what it is... a BLANK CD!!! Cos even if youd open it up its not like you can add anything or paste anything unless you burn something to it.

SimpleSimon

Yuppers, you can't get something outta nothing?
Unless you are saying you are trying to burn something on to it or add a file to it and it's not recognizing the CD is even in there? In that case I can't help :p Sorry.

foxman1

....unless, the problem is like mine..
I have a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2402 [CD-ROM drive].... It plays DVD's, Audio CD's, picture disks, but when i try to save Acid Pro (music)work to a blank disk,... it does not read the blank disk... it tells me the disk is either unformatted, or damaged. Ive tried brand new blank DVD's, CD-r & CD-RW.
I know your asking... why not just format it and continue.... there is no option to format it. The icon never changes to even acknowledge there is a blank in there.
Someone know what is going on??