cd/dvd not found win 10

kris oswald

running win 10 I cannot see my cd/dvd device. I tried a few time to add it in new device(it finds 2 Rokus) but never the cd/dvd seems it never gets picked up when I get into device manager it is not there is there any truth to the You tubers videos that go into regedit to fix this problem? I watch a few this weekend but haven't taken the steps yet as I am looking for opinions before I screw something up(computer rookie) this was a fresh install of win 10 on a refurb machine..I checked for the latest driver and got the standard response of already having the updated driver. could this be a hardware issue as well? also having some usb issue's with other plug in devices..Related? thanks for any help

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Show me a screenshot of your device manager please. The only way it won't show up is if its not getting power or data cable isn't attached or there is a registry issue with the device.

kris oswald

Show me a screenshot of your device manager please. The only way it won't show up is if its not getting power or data cable isn't attached or there is a registry issue with the device.
called the refurber yesterday and they told me to down load a video program from Videolan.org , did the down load and setup and it is running fine now..thanks for the follow up!