CD help please!!

HelpMe911

Hey everybody,
I have one or two very important MP3 CD's (with hundreds of songs) that I've burned that are causing me problems. In any mp3 compatible CD player I play it in, it doesn't play. When I put it in the CD-ROM drive or the CD burner, it only reads like 20 or 30 of the files. There is only one MP3 compatible CD player that actually plays the CD, it is a Panasonic SL-SW960V. Can anyone help me and tell me the problem? and is there anyway to fix it?

George

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
there are probably scratches on the disc making the files or part of the TOC unreadable

HelpMe911

but I removed the scratches with that scratch removing machine, and it still only plays in one player. is there anything I can do?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
When I put it in the CD-ROM drive or the CD burner, it only reads like 20 or 30 of the files
If you REALLY want to try and recover them, try a program like Alcohol120 or Blindwrite and use the SafeDisc2/3 protection scheme when reading the disc and read SLOW. The ability to make an image of the disc is limited by the optical capabilities of the drive in question (what make/model of optical drive do you have [access to])

If you dont have A120/BlindWrite, try using a DVDROM, i find that they tend to be a bit more forgiving than CDROM/CDRW drives

but I removed the scratches with that scratch removing machine
Unfortunately the scratch remover only really benifits audio cds rather than MP3 cds which for all intents and purposes are DataCDs (and when a data cd gets a serious-enough scratch, its all over)

HelpMe911

Praetor,
Can you help me more? I have a trial version of Alcohol 120; how do I do what you said it can do?

George