cd key thief?

lexmark

I get this mesage when i try to run prey (original cd could not be found or authenticated), I beat 1/4 of the game and now its giving me this b.s:confused:

Bioshock is also giving me trouble and wont start up after i finished half of it, yet all my other new games still work.

This is happening after i downloaded some movies for the first time....im thinking someone stole the games right off my desktop thru some kinda spyware.. is that even possible or am i just paranoid?

any ideas? (except reinstalling)

newguy5

even if you reinstall, if the cd key was stolen you won't be able to play it as long as that key is in use.

but if you do reinstall you can probably copy the saved games so that you can start up where you left off if the reinstall does happen to work.

lexmark

i bought everything in store and the cds/keys are all original, i tried reinstalling prey and it accepts the key but still gives me the same error mesage after i click play

very frustrating....I NEED MY FPS FIX!! haha

so is this a lost cause?? should i delete the game for h.d space?

Freestylingford

I had this problem with COD 4 when going online all I did was wait a while and it ended up okay but it was after jumped off one server to another so I guess my code was still floating. You are having problems with single player I assume so I would try a reinstall or see if there is a spot for you to reenter the key in somewhere.