CDBurnerXP and other burning software

Aastii

VIP Member
This is a site that delivers clean versions?

- Wonder if they have the ability to strip unwanted ware.

I see they have VLC Media Player - so they can't be all that bad.

Always use the software vendors own website first and foremost. Some will use other websites to distribute their software, for example Piriform host their own software but also give the option to download from Filehippo.

They aren't going to distribute unclean versions of their own software, as it reflects badly on themselves and their product, which is their source of money, and it always means that you are downloading the latest version of the software

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you talking about malware? There isn't one program out there that will catch everything.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Programs like pc optimizer, speed up my pc are included in some of the installers from off the wall websites. If you don't watch the installer as it proceeds then they will get installed as well.

The VCR King

When I launch CDBurnerXP, TrendMicro tells me it removed spyware titled "ADW_OPENCANDY" from my appdata folder.

storp

windows 7 burning - what a piece of ...?.

will not copy with anything having a semicolon in the titles. wants to a another character?

I have too many of these.

anyone know if CDBurnerXP has this kind of restriction?

I also see where, to finalize a windows 7 disc google gives:

"To close a disc session manually

1.Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.
2.In Windows Explorer, click the disc burner drive, and then click Close session on the toolbar. The session will be closed, so the disc can be used in other computers. "

I see no option to 'Close' -- how can you tell if a session has been closed/the disc finalized?

Last edited: