Version 5 is released :D.

Change log:
Fixed up the post boxes.
Changed color of top bar.
Added shade text.

Screenshot: (click for big)

Darren

Staff member
Ok how do I change the color? I just installed version 5 and am using Chrome. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

kobaj

VIP Member
Ok how do I change the color? I just installed version 5 and am using Chrome. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Use the selection tool in the bottom left hand corner.
If you want custom colors, you can poke around in the source code, or request it in this thread and I'll make it :).

If the selection tool in the bottom corner is not working/showing up, pm me and I'll get a bug report working between us to resolve the problem.

mVTHT.png

checkmate

For years, many of us have complained of the look and the layout of the forum. Eventually the site will upgrade to vB4 and, by design, that update will change the look, but in the meantime, we'd like to explore more options via browser plug-ins or anything that allows the end user choice and full customization, without making any changes on the back end.

In this thread, I'd like users to discuss and offer skins they recommend, where to get them, how to install, customize, etc. Moreover, though, if you have a background in CSS and/or javascript and would like to build some skins specific to CF, that would be AWESOME!

Apparently you can use Greasemonkey and/or stylist to create the code, or you can download templates. I'm not familiar with coding and only briefly researched before creating this thread, so if I'm missing anything please post your ideas, thoughts, suggestions, etc. Again, we're only looking for skins that can be created and/or implemented by the end user, nothing in the form of vB plug-ins, for example.

Hope all that makes sense. Basically, we want simple skin solutions that work with the forum in a browser add-on/plug-in format. If they exist, post em up. If they don't and you know how to create them, please do. ;)
Stylebot is a nice chrome extension you should use. I forget what the firefox equivalent of that is (I never use FF) but I think there's more now for both browsers.