change jpeg to tiff

darkserpant

Is there any way I can change all my pictures on my computer that are now in the jpeg format to a tiff format. I heard to print them out they will look a lot nicer. If I need a program to do this do you know of any free ones to do this job? Thank you

wensk

You need a program like Photoshop. Don't know where to get one for free but PS Elements in under $100. Just remember that the quality of your printed pix is only as good is a combination of the megapixels, the resolution of the printer you are printing them on and the quality of your photo paper If you are trying to print low res pictures, the type of file format isn't going to buy you much.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
If you want to convert a large amount of files, then this is the best solution: http://www.jklnsoft.com/
However, if you convert a jpg to a tif, the quality of that picture in tiff format will be exactly the same as it was in jpg format.

Kevin O'Connor

The finished quality concern is real. Your end result is only as good as your source file. You will create a larger file when converting from JPEG to TIFF but the computer can not fill in the missing image data. You need to take the original picture in a TIFF format to gain the printed picture quality. When working with JPEGs in Photo Shop or some other editor always select 300dpi before printing photo quality prints. You don't need 300dpi for pics to look good on the computer but for a photo quality printing using a photo quality printer you will need 300dpi.